Monday, April 19, 2010

Power Road Farmers Market - Arizona



On a quick trip to my hometown of Phoenix this weekend, I visited my parents' Farmers Market to pick up some local AZ grub. Power Road Farmers Market on Power between Warner and Elliot was a little gem. It was reported to me that it is owned by the same family who used to own the Guadalupe Farmers Market. I walked away with a bag of fresh tortillas, a green chile and some fresh orange blossom honey. All local. Unfortunately, they didn't have any of their "world famous" pistachios but there is no doubt I will be back and pistachios will be had. They're amazing!

My supper tonight was a bean burrito made with the tortillas I picked up and homemade guacamole that included the chili I acquired. Everything was delicious and such a nice reminder of the home I miss already.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your dinner was good. I so enjoyed spending time with you and look forward to visiting the Olive Mill and other local farmer's market when you return.
    Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete