Sunday, May 16, 2010

Strawberry Festival and Strawberry Pie



I drove an hour or so north today to check out the 2010 California Strawberry Festival in Oxnard. I had a great time and would recommend anyone go next year. There were a ton of people there. Parking was easy and lines moved fast. There was a Ferris Wheel, face painting, a jazz band, and strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries.

I concentrated on eating pretty much the whole time I was there. I built my own strawberry shortcake and enjoyed the best strawberry smoothie I've ever had. I walked out stuffed and with a case of strawberries in tow.

Tonight...Strawberry Pie.

1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
1 quart fresh strawberries
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons constarch
3/4 cup water
whipped cream

1. Halve 3/4 of the strawberries and arrange in baked pastry shell.
2. Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan. Put sauce pan to a medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Leave it at boiling for 2-3 minutes.
3. Let it cool for a couple minutes and then pour in the pie crust. Leave in the fridge overnight to set.

I couldn't wait overnight for it to set. :)
Mmmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment