Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gluten Free Banana Lemon Loaf

modified from Hub Pages



So my love of baking has taken a firm backseat since I have been eating gluten, dairy free. But since I noticed that my overripe and frozen bananas have been piling up in the freezer, I decided to go searching for a banana bread recipe that might fit the restricted bill. And did I ever. I found this recipe on HubPages and have modified it to the ingredients I had and am able to eat. I highly recommend trying this whether or not you are on a gluten-free diet. It is wonderful and I am so excited to take it to work tomorrow so that all of my non-gluten-free co-workers can fall in love with it as I have.

1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plus 2 tbsp butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 average sized bananas
Egg replacer equivalent to 4 eggs
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sift fours with baking powder and salt.
3. Beat butter, sugar and bananas together until smooth and then briefly stir in the egg replacer.
4. Stir into the flour mixture until blended.
5. Pour into a large loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Mix sugar with lemon juice and drizzle over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment