Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Butternut Squash Cubed

So last week I posted on how to roast a butternut squash. But while enjoying my tasty squash, I found that I didn't know what to do with the rind on the squash sections. Sometimes I might just want my roasted squash cubed. You know? Here's how to do it...

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the stem and the bottom of the squash. With a strong vegetable peeler, remove and discard the squash's skin.
3. Cut the squash in half down the middle. Remove and discard the seeds.
4. Cube squash and place on baking sheet lined with foil.
5. Liberally drizzle with olice oil and season with salt, If desired, sprinkle with herbs or drizzle with honey or syrup. Toss to combine.
6. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes (tossing once to rotate) until the squash is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment