Saturday, November 13, 2010

Atwater Village Farmers' Market

Sorry for my absence the last couple of weeks. Finishing up yoga teacher training and visiting my family in AZ has equaled negligence on behalf of this blogger.

And right on the heels of visiting one of the coolest Farmers Markets I have been to. The Sunday Market in Atwater Village is small and is seemingly very neighborhood-based but, in my opinion, it is definitely worth the trip.

First, they have a station where you can get a Frequent Shopper Card that is stamped on each visit. After 5 visits, you are awarded $3 in Market Money. What a fabulous idea!

My other great pleasure in visiting this Market was meeting a gentleman there who demos how to make meals made of ingredients from the Farmers Market! You can watch him cook a meal, get print-outs of recipes to take home, and enjoy taste tests of his creations. Genius! This is truly one of the coolest ideas.

I will undoubtedly be visiting the Atwater Village Farmers Market (in the Wells Fargo parking lot on Glendale Blvd.) again and again. I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment